What You Get:
I'm offering $150 manuscript reviews in the month of December only for NaNoWriMo participants. Here's what you get:
- A 1-3 page letter with developmental feedback on your book focusing on big-picture stuff: characters arc, story/plot arc, general writing style, and pacing.
- Need help figuring out where to start in revision? I'll point to areas of the manuscript that need the most attention first.
- Want to submit your book to an agent in the future? I'll provide specific tips for how to gear the first three chapters of your book to an agent.
The normal cost for this kind of consultation is upwards of $500-1,000, so this is an utterly mad deal (and I sometimes feel utterly mad for offering it!)
Finishing NaNoWriMo can feel really like a letdown sometimes. It's like the day after Christmas. But getting a second set of eyes on your manuscript can help you approach revision.
How To Sign Up:
This offer is limited to 10 writers, so hurry and send your manuscript! I will update this page if slots fill up.
To sign up, send me an email to hlwalrath (at) gmail (dot) com in the month of December with the following:
- Your NaNoWriMo name so I can be your buddy!
- A copy of your manuscript, 50,000 words or less, in Word (.doc, .docx)
- Your Paypal email for payment (or Venmo/other payment system)
- Any specific issues or questions you have
I will send an editing contract with additional details after I receive your information. I'll also give you a date for when I'll return your manuscript. Usually I extend this deal into January if there are slots available. You can also sign up but send me your manuscript later if you need time to get it ready.
Your manuscript doesn't have to be perfect--I'm a NaNo-er and I understand that it's usually a mess after you finish!
I am a freelance editor with 5+ years of experience helping writers level up their words. I am based out of Houston, Texas. I am a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association, Codex, SFPA, and Writespace, a local literary non-profit where I regularly teach writing workshops. I love working with writers of all genres, experiences, and backgrounds, but I love new writers best. I have won NaNoWriMo once(!) but I always participate because it's my favorite writing event of the year.